Looking for help with your Detroit Engine Repair, Overhaul, Maintenance or Spares?
As an experienced, independent Detroit engine specialist we can offer you more solutions and alternatives for your Detroit engine repair, overhauls, maintenance and spares.
We’ve been working with Detroit engines for over 20 years, and within our team, we’ve got extensive experience of what it takes to keep them running smoothly, safely and reliably.
As well as the engineering experience and OEM support, our Technical Services Manager, Kevin Bain, completed his apprenticeship on Detroit engines.
Our rich history enables us to offer our services for the following engines;
This creates several advantages for clients who use us to help with Detroit engine support:
- Benefit from reduced parts costs by purchasing directly from manufacturers
- Access overhaul and engineering solutions, with big savings to be had when compared with replacement options
- Tap into the expertise of highly experienced and trained service engineers who can utilise engine knowledge from other makes to solve your problems quicker
- Use us to source genuine spares for out of production models from worldwide stockists
- You’ll get measurement and test sheets with reconditioned parts and assemblies, giving you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your engine is in the best possible shape
What can Bartech do for your Detroit engine?
- Identify and source the right parts for you, from Detroit, the original manufacturers or other engine manufacturers, all with a 12-month warranty
- We can access our large inventory of spares to get you the right piece of equipment
- Supply and install Detroit engines for you, new or reconditioned
- Help you with major assemblies
- Our engineers (who work directly for Bartech) can visit you onsite (both offshore and onshore) to help with overhauls, fault diagnosis, commissioning and alignments
- You’ll get a 12-month warranty with all parts supplied and work completed
In short, however you need help with your Detroit engine, we’ve got the skills, the contacts and expertise to help you, often with a significant saving to be had.
What’s the next step?
Give us a call on 01206 673101. You can explain what you need help with, we’ll explain a little bit more about how we work, and give you an idea on the options available to you.
If you’d like a bit more information first, there are several case studies below that detail just some of the work that we’ve completed on Detroit engines.
8V-71 assembly 7085-7300 complete overhaul. This engine was used as a gas turbine starter in an offshore application.
16V-71 assembly 7162-300 and 7162-7000 complete engine overhauls used in marine applications. One port and one starboard engine.
6-71 engine complete overhaul ready for use with a Price air compressor on a survey vessel
Speed adjustments on 12V-92 assembly 8123-7400 engine which is used on an oil rig fire pump
Complete overhaul of torque converter used on Detroit 8V-71 engine
As well as carrying out the work on the engines, we’ve extended the level of our support to include complete overhauls of the torque converters.