Here for your engine needs during COVID-19
First and foremost, I just want to say that I wish you and your family all the best, and I hope you’re able to stay safe and healthy during this crazy period.
In my position, my first priority is the health of the whole Bartech team, their families and anyone we may come in contact with, which I am sure will be the same for you.
We also know we have responsibilities to help those in the critical sectors of energy, marine and stand-by power which are vital in the fight against COVID-19.
To best meet these two essentials, we are implementing a two-stage support approach for all those reliant on diesel engines across these applications.
Stage 1 – Call our 24/7 helpline 01206 645070, which is a free service (except for the cost of the call!).
We will have engineers available to support any problems you may be experiencing or any concerns you have. We would encourage the use of video calls if possible, to help with the diagnosis and advice.
Using this option, we aim to be able to help you:
- Fix the issue yourself
- Identify the root cause
- Put in place monitoring to be able to identify when action is needed
- Take measures to allow emergency running
- Let you know potential risks in continuing to run
- Identify when intrusive work may be needed
Stage 2 – When the issue cannot be resolved with the current on-site team, we have emergency service engineers available to be sent to site.
We have engineers at home with equipped service vans available to attend at short notice. Just to be clear, using the word “emergency” does not mean that we are increasing our rates for this service.
Our rates will remain the same; it is just to let you know they are at home ready to go rather than in the workshop.
To facilitate this support, we also have the following in place:
- 24-hour access to stores, with one storeman in stores at any time and with over 30 years of business we have built up extensive stocks
- Machine shop available to manufacture parts and tooling
- Full project support with our normal team working from home
- Workshop availability, although with reduced numbers as we isolate those working.